Sprout Patterns is a community of creative, passionate people who trust one another and who trust it as a company. Sprout Patterns knows that you care about your personal information and we take privacy very seriously. Please read our policy carefully before submitting any personal information to us. By visiting or using the Sprout Patterns website (the “website” or “Site”), you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the Site. As a result, Sprout Patterns does not specifically collect information about children and the website is not directed to children. If we learn that Sprout Patterns has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask and receive their parents' permission before using Sprout Patterns or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Information Collected by Sprout Patterns
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our web site, which is to enable creative people to print and share designs for textiles and to share other information and ideas as a community. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from Sprout Patterns visitors:
1. Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our web site or provide to us in any other way (e.g. via e-mail, fax, etc.). You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
- Purchases: If you purchase materials or other products or services from us, we will collect and use your shipping address, billing address, and phone number and credit card or other payment information to facilitate your purchases through our website. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt the data you provide to us while placing an order with us online. In addition to encrypting your credit card information while it is transmitted to our payment gateway, for your security, we do not store credit card information in our database.
2. Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Sprout Patterns and its agents and third party providers automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, the page you requested how long you visit a page, how many times you visit a page, information you search for, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your request. Sprout Patterns uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends, monitor compliance with its Terms of Service, improve its service and administer the web site.
- We have no access to, or control over, cookies stored on your computer by other third parties.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit web sites anonymously. While Sprout Patterns will not be able to provide the experience we hope to provide if we cannot recognize you, we encourage you to be aware that these programs are available.
Sprout Patterns may use non-personally-identifiable data about use of the Sprout Patterns web site and services to improve the quality and design of our web site and services and we may track and analyze user preferences and trends to create new functions, promotions and services for the Sprout Patterns website. We may provide non-personally-identifiable, aggregated and statistical data about our users and use of our web site and services to third parties for such purposes as Sprout Patterns may deem appropriate from time to time.
Except as expressly set forth herein, we will never provide your email address to an unaffiliated third party without your explicit permission, but we may use third party service providers who work on behalf of or with Sprout Patterns to provide services to you, which third parties may be granted access to your email address and other information in order to provide the services. For example, we use MailChimp, a third-party service, to maintain and administer our email list. We require that these parties agree to use such information solely for the purposes of providing Sprout Patterns’s services and we use reasonable efforts to limit their use or access to such information.
Sprout Patterns may send out e-mails with news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from Sprout Patterns that inform you of actions (e.g. friend requests or when your design sells) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
Sharing Your Information
Because Sprout Patterns enables people to discover and share designs with one another, information about the people who use Sprout Patterns is an important part of our community. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to any unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- Sprout Patterns employees: Sprout Patterns personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to member information in the normal course of Sprout Patterns business. We require that our employees and consultants or contractors access and use such information only as required to provide the Sprout Patterns services and do not share such information with unauthorized third parties.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, member information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Sprout Patterns, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, member information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- Protection of Intellectual Property Rights: We may release certain personal information to a third-party that submits a complaint to Sprout Patterns that one or more of the designs you have uploaded to the Site violates a copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. The information we disclose in response to an intellectual property complaint may include your name, e-mail address, mailing address or other information necessary for the third-party to contact you to address the alleged violation. We may also provide information concerning the timing and amount of any sales associated with an alleged infringing design.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other Sprout Patterns users in your Profile. The Profile is the area on Sprout Patterns where we allow you to tell other community members about yourself and your interests. You may control what personal information is displayed in your Profile by visiting the Privacy Settings section of your Profile.
- Social sharing of data: Sprout Patterns allows you to display your designs on your own blogs or on other sites and networks. The ability to do this is available via your User Profile, or within the permalink URL of the design you wish to share. Sprout Patterns may choose to post this data on other site features.
- API Syndication: Sprout Patterns has developed an application program interface (API) that will enable approved third-party websites and software to interact with the Site and upload Content, view publicly available Content and/or order products utilizing Content that is made available for sale through the Site. Any information or Content that you make publicly available on the Site may be accessed and used by these third-party sites.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information Secure
Your Sprout Patterns account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Sprout Patterns will use reasonable security measures to protect against any unauthorized access to and disclosure of your personally identifiable information. However, please note that we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of a breach of security affecting personal information or data on our servers, we will take such notification and other steps as may be required under applicable law. If you have any questions regarding security on our web site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org